Lovejoy Cottage Maine logo

Fishing:  You need a valid fishing license to fish in the pond or any water in Maine.  If you plan to fish while on vacation, you should purchase your license in advance of your travel by going online to

Otherwise, licenses can only be purchased locally at the China Town Clerk’s office or the Albion Town Clerk’s office, which have limited operating hours.  Fishing poles, gear, and bait can be purchased at the nearby LaVerdiere’s General Store, which is on the right just after you turn right at the flashing light.

China Town Clerk

571 Lakeview Dr, South China


M-F: 11:30 am-4 pm; Sat: 8-11 am

Albion Town Clerk

22 Main Street, Albion


Tues: 8:30 am-4:30 pm; Thurs: 1-6 pm; Fri: 8 am-1 pm

LaVerdiere General Store

1 Old Waterville Road, China